JLearn.net Online Japanese Dictionary and Study portal
This is a read-only version with current data. Any data you add on this site will not be retained when the site is restored.
English Reference for wo (を)
- particle indicates direct object of action
- indicates subject of causative expression
- indicates an area traversed
- indicates time (period) over which action takes place
- indicates point of departure or separation of action
- indicates object of desire, like, hate, etc.
Gabriel took nothing but the hot soup and a little sherry
I acted as a simultaneous interpreter
My father studies astronomy, or the science of stars
He asked me if I knew her telephone number
He accumulated a tremendous fortune during the post war
He turned over the business to his son