JLearn.net Online Japanese Dictionary and Study portal
English Reference for ya (や)
- particle such things as (non-exhaustive list related to a specific time and place), and ... and
- (after the dictionary form of a verb) the minute (that) ..., no sooner than ...
- interjection punctuational exclamation in haiku, renga, etc.
- interjection expressing surprise
- male term hi
- auxiliary plain copula
- interjection archaism yes, what?
Such sports as tennis and baseball are very popular
Myths and legends should be handed down from generation to generation
This street is clear of traffic at night
The food was not fit for man or beast
If you have any opinions concerning traffic calming devices (humps, curb extensions, etc.) please write them
The brain was not like the liver or the lungs
The river supplies cities and villages with water
My daughter likes summer fruits, such as cherries, watermelons and peaches
Spiders prey on flies and other small insects
In such countries as Norway and Finland, they have lots of snow in winter