JLearn.net Online Japanese Dictionary and Study portal
English Reference for ya (や)
- particle such things as (non-exhaustive list related to a specific time and place), and ... and
- (after the dictionary form of a verb) the minute (that) ..., no sooner than ...
- interjection punctuational exclamation in haiku, renga, etc.
- interjection expressing surprise
- male term hi
- auxiliary plain copula
- interjection archaism yes, what?
I suppose that what we mean by beauty is that object, spiritual or material, more often material, which satisfies our aesthetic sense
The leaves began to turn red and yellow
Snakes are said to mesmerize small animals and birds
There was food and drink in abundance at the party
We take air and water for granted
Chinese food was served in small portions which did not require cutting with a knife or fork
She can express her feelings when she feels happy or sad
Many restaurants and pubs are on Itsutsugi Street
However, although our companions were willing, they knew nothing about management or getting money